The Weekend

This weekend have been by far very entertaining. Went down to London specifically to attend the Malaysian Night organized by Imperial College London. They had a play - KAWAN together with some dances, singing, dikir slotted in. Performing 2 nights in a row, Friday and Saturday; I decided to attend the Saturday night since most friends have decided on that night and due to other reasons.

I got down to London, bought megabus tickets for £1.50 and met up with few friends for dinner. Persian food, was good but obviously a bomb to foot the bill. Some decided to go clubbing but I was wearing casual shoes, sneakers. Dont understand why clubs in London have to be so pretentious making formal shoes a must in clubs; I mean how do u dance comfortably with a pair of formal shoes when they are not meant for dancing. They dont play slow ballroom dancing songs inside the club, try dancing hiphop with formal shoes, perhaps its some trend. Hence i got myself denied from the club.

The next day - the whole play was fantastic, far better than Warwick Msian Night im afraid to say. The transition were perfect, good lightings and far entertaining. Im not sure is it because more friends performed in this hence the more biased comment or something. I thought they were great, Amresh was acting like his natural self, Sing Kwan as well being all funny and animated. Joshua and Chester performing some of the dances, well entertaining. Jun came all the way down from Birmingham to watch the show right after his climbing competition but he arrived RIGHT after the last scene ended. What a waste.

Overall I had good fun, and ohh, I had a narrow escape today. Took the bus back from Oxford and while we just got on the highway, our bus got hit by probably an air rifle. The bus was probably moving at 60kph and the bullet shot the side window. Buses have thick glass windows, most of the time double glazed together with protective films. Shockingly the bullet/pellet got through 2 layers of glass and cracked the whole thing. The impact was well loud as well, and I was sitting probably 1.5 rows away from that place. If that rifle were to be shot nanoseconds earlier, I would have got hit either on my neck or my head definately. I dont think Im gonna ever sit downstairs anymore. narrow escape.

0 comments: