Wonderful Kick Start for 2008

A days work makes everything look tough except spending money which we most of just get from our parents without any gratitude from them. We spend them without guilt most of the time, even if you might feel guilty I'm sure it wont even last a few days; hence the creation of this post! One of the resolution for Year 2008 came by and I'm glad that I seized it. Few days ago I saw a job published online, hiring students to paint and decorate rooms, instantly I emailed the person and yes! I went for the "try out" today and YES again I got the job. Fuhh, it wasnt as easy as I thought, yes, I've painted walls before, here and there, back in WMS too during community service work if anyone remembered!

I have to admit I'm pretty skilled and all the hardwork I've put in it. The pay for that job was pretty good £6.5 per hour, the house owner was rather flexible with me and the time that I come to work. The owner, being an antique book auctioneer in his 30s made the whole house seemed pretty cool. Fine art, statues and lotsa nice books in well preserved wood bookshelves well placed all around the house.

My first task: sand paper rough surfaces on the wall and ceiling, a rather easy job with the electric sander but being sensitive to dust and fine particles made it rather annoying. I was later on told to cover the window panels, doors with newspaper which took up roughly 1.5hours. I was thinking to myself later on, do I get paid on a try out? Almost 2 hours man and what if I dont get paid? Being blunt, I asked whether Im confirmed for the job in which he said yes! :D Painted the ceiling, had paint splattered all over my hair, face and arms but ah, was expecting that sooner or later anyway. My achievement alone in a room for 6 hours, painted the wall with 1 coat, wooden panels a coat of primer and gloss and a door with gloss! Im expecting to work on this for at least 50 hours at least. heheh, as long as I dont quit, the job remains mine! :) I have to work again tomorrow, ahh, made £39 today while I felt it was really tiring however I did utilize my time well, waking up at 8am, cycled to work reaching at 9 30 was good exercise.




The money I recieved!




Some paint on hair. Luckily its water based.


I was in London for quite some time till yesterday, countdown on new years eve at embankment was simply amazing, the fireworks were much better than what Malaysia have to offer. Having their fireworks set off from the London Eye was insane enough and Im serious, can u imagine setting off fireworks from the Malaysian Eye? NO WAY MAN. Some what amazed me was the tube service, free tube services after 12am till 4:30am just for the sake of providing a service. You dont see Malaysia doing any of those do you? FREE tube service which would normally cost minimum £1.50. Drunk people were everywhere, singing, dancing, laughing ; alcohol bottles scattered on the roads leading to the tube and even on the tube.



Thereee.


The big display showing the timeleft to New Year / 57 Seconds left.


The crowd but not too crowded since they restrict the number of people in.


And the allll of you who were there!

The video on the fireworks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbb5NTtcmhE


And OH, I did some shopping at Bicester Village near Oxford together with Sue Bee, Nigel, Yvonne and I got myself a pair of boots and sweater from Timberland, a shirt from Polo RL. The boots was such a good buy for only £30+ from £130.


Timberland boooots!





And I've nearly forgotten one more new year resolution!


-Build my muscle definition / mass gain before June!


I'm hungry for more!


p.s.: Im sorry about this ding shyong, its the total opposite of your getting fit post! :P

1 comments:

  Anonymous

7 January 2008 at 17:58

Hahahah! Bitchy lah wei.. But dem funny also! XD