How much better can life get ? Part 1

Wonderful weekend I had after some serious effort placed to finish up my work, most modules have actually ended this week and I wont be getting anymore lectures but just some briefing on my coming exam on the 18th of December, part from that I'll be getting my questions on that day, wahey! :)


Friday 30th November Part 1


Hectic morning I'd say, I was awake till 3 am in the morning (30/11/07) cause I was still preparing for my presentation that I'll have to do at 9 am that day itself. Was rather doing some self video recording on the webcam to look at myself on how I present my work. It seemed rather funny cause of the accent I've adopted since I got here, not to say that Im speaking with an accent just because Im now in the UK but more like its a norm to speak with an accent whenever Im around non-Malaysian friends. Rather ODD really. Had like 4 alarms set 1 hour before my presentation : 7:45, 7:50, 7:55, 8.05 am BUT as usual I dont quite hear the alarm when Im depriving of sleep, I was so frigging shocked when I woke up at 8:38 am. I was like SHIT, WTF @!(#~!@!#, jumped out of bed, got everything done by 8:48 am which I was pretty impressed being able to get ready in just 10 minutes.


Presentation was alright I'd say, with some confidence kicking inside; referred to my cue cards at times and hopefully I did pretty alright, IT sucks to be first for a presentation! =/


Took the bus with Jun to London and reached around 11:50am at Joshua's place walked across Hyde Park to the Malaysian Hall. FOOD WAS GOOD, CHEAP and FAST. Had so much to satisfy our hunger, Bangdon, Joshie, Jun and I ordered so much stuff and cleared everything, sweet desserts were good too. Managed to convince Jun to try some serious chilli hot sambal belacan that he was frantically searching for water. WAHHAHA, not being mean but just to have a taste of one's culture and be adventurous!




Doesnt that seem just aweeeesome




And this!




Two comical figures.




Jun and Brandon



Pictures like these just put a smile on my face when I look at them! wahha


After lunch, went for Sir or Lord-to-be Nicholas Stern, Prof of LSE's talk. He wasnt that great of a speaker as in terms of being entertaining and being able to crack some humour in between but just mere of presenting his really inspring ideas on Climate Change. Had so much going on my mind after attending that talk and it had knocked some sense into me right after. Jun, Sue Bee and I went!



DINNER was at 7:30pm, booked for 7:30pm but we reached the restaurant at roughly 8:00pm after gathering everyone at Finsbury Park Tube Station. I didnt know my way tho I organized the whole dinner but I had reviews of that restaurant being excellent, value for money etc. Along the Seven Sisters Road, one of the best japanese restaurant Ive tried in the UK I'd say, super value for money just that they lack manpower ; I bring u Hana Japanese Restaurant!


Sushis were made to purrrfection! Simply tasted so good, Brandon, Joshua, Jun, Ryan, James, Sue Bee, Yvonne and I. Chester was supposed to come but he couldnt make it in the end. The dinner was so so good, super value for money after the amount of food we've ordered, round after round, woooh ; had never felt that good and satisfied for a super long time!! Thank you DADDY AND MUMMY for the great present. Love you! Had maki like Shrek, Samurai, PeterPan, Hana etc and tonnes and tonnes of sushi and sashimi.



Picturesssss:






Gyozas! Sue Bee's Idea






Sue Bee and Yvonne. Oooooh, the girls.





Everyone of us!




Yvonne and Joshie! Some seriously good stuff there.










Pretty dramatic huh Yvonne. =P





The shy Gaysha and I



Was so touched when Yvonne made a cake for me. Thank youuuu :) Honey and hazelnut cream cheese cake, tasted good okay! Worry not.





Just look at how happy, good we all look while enjoying Yvonnes cake. Thank you guys for coming and you guys rock!



Definately not forgetting what my friends back in Oxford did, I was so so touched, Jenny made a cake, Victoria Sponge cake topped with strawberries and tasted so good, a surprise party made for me in my own kitchen when 10 other really nice friends sneaked in. It was rather weird really because Jenny acted pretty weird that day itself. I was busy finishing up my work on my actual birthday and I did not want to go out unless I finish my work and also since I'll be going out for dinner on thursday at Edamame. I was determined that I sit down and get work done as much as possible. Jenny asked me to enter the kitchen roughly 8, a birthday cake with candles lit were on the table and they started singing the birthday song. AWW, I was speechless, didnt know waht to do rather and I thank you guys so much for being such a wonderful group of people. I dont have pictures with me atm but it will be done soon enough! :)


Love you guys!!


And also, picture of the year!


You call that sexay.. wahahhaha


To be continued..

0 comments: